So you have been through the interview and have been offered a place on the programme. What do you need to do before you start?
Don’t be complacent, prepare for them as you would do for any test.
Don’t leave them for the summer, sometimes people do not pass these the first, or even second time and you will need to be able to rebook the tests in the test centre.
2. Complete your qualification submission. If you were missing any qualification certificates or NARIC certificates at the interview then make sure you find them and submit them. Sometimes you may need to apply for copies of your certificates from the examining body.
3. Complete your identification checks and submit them to the SCITT office. In June, you will be asked to complete your DBS safeguarding check in an on-line form.
4. Complete your health questionnaire.
We need to be able to prove that you are fit to teach.
5. Complete your school recruitment visit to your matched school
Contact your school to arrange a visit as soon as you are sent the contact details.
6. Attend the induction day in August.
What else can you do?
The Ofsted overview from an inspector was really helpful, we will all go through inspections and it’s so good to understand how it works